The mumok reference library is open to anyone interested in art, and holds c. 45,000 items that reflect the museum’s collection. This allows in-depth exploration of modernist and contemporary art.
We facilitate research on site and provide attractive reading and work stations.
The Library’s Focus
- Art of the 1960s and 1970s
- Art magazines
- Literature on art discourse today
- Artists’ books
- Audiovisual material on the mumok program
Service is Important for Us
- Individual advice
- Search our collection online via the mumok website (OPAC)
- Reserve media
- Photocopying facilities
- Focused materials for teaching purposes
- Cooperation on projects for young researchers in schools
In November 2013 the mumok library was successfully audited by AKMB (Art and Museums Libraries Working Group) and holds a quality certification issued by the Humboldt University Berlin.